We use short forms daily and sometimes we don’t even know that it is a short form of something. I am not talking about chat abbreviations. Those are different. These are proper short forms like VIRUS, OK, URL, MODEM etc etc. I was not aware that VIRUS is short form. Here is the list……
Short Forms used daily without knowing full forms
- BMW – Bavarian Motor Works
You say its your favorite car, do you know its full form?
- SCUBA – Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus
Have you done SCUBA diving? Did you know this before?
- ATM – Automated Teller Machine
Atleast this you should know. 🙂
- OK – Oll Korrect
- URL – Uniform Resource Locator
Life is easier with short forms, isn’t it? Otherwise you would ask – What is your Uniform Resource Locator…haha
- MODEM – MOdulator – DEModulator
This is getting old now.
- DSLR – Digital Single Lens Reflex
We all want DSLR. Even I want it 😛 but never knew this before or tried to know.
- e.g – Example given
- i.e – In Effect
- PVR – Priya Village Roadshow
So on weekends you watch a village Roadshow 😉
- USB – Universal Serial Bus
Why is it called a Bus?
- JPEG – Joint Photographer Experts Group
- LOVE – Language Of Valuable Emotions
This has many other full forms. Like it is said love can be in many forms.
- PNG – Portable Network Graphics
We ask for image as JPEG and PNG but never knew their full forms.
- WiFi – Wireless Fidelity
So are you using Wireless Fidelity right now? Or what’s your Wireless Fidelity Password?
- SIM – Subscriber Identity Module
Your mobile is Dual Subscriber Identity Module. Thank God someone created these short forms.
- VIRUS – Vital Information Resource Under Seize
This sounds HiFi 😉
Sharing is appreciated.
Subscribe to get interesting things directly to your inbox.
Follow me on Pinterest